Friday, August 14, 2009

Thunderstorms


The last couple of days we have had some evening thunderstorms that have been quite severe. Wednesday night we were without power for two hours and we're reminded how quickly a home without air moving can become warm when the temperature outside has been 100. Then last night after some pretty amazing lightning we discovered we had lost our phone line. It really isn't worth mentioning except for the reply to an email I received after notifying my family that they would need to use my cell phone to reach me. It is as follows:


"What kind of hospitality are you trying to show us? I hope that everything is up and running when we come visit in 3 weeks. Who is going to keep me company on my drives to and from work? Did you not think about how this would impact me? I hope this makes the blog. Good thing your iPhone doesn't go thru dial up!"


I love my kids!!! And it does remind me that I have so much to be thankful for - company coming over labor day, the beginning of college football, and untold blessings!!


"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you"
Philippians 4:1

No comments:

Post a Comment