Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend at Lolly and Pop's

WARNING: Cuteness Alert!! Cuteness overdose is a concern and a possibility!

Jeremy and Meagan were sweet enough to allow Tony and me to pick up Sawyer Thursday afternoon and bring him to Houston for a weekend visit! Our time together in pictures follows:

What a wonderful traveler Sawyer is and it didn't even bother him that his Lolly was taking his picture while he slept. I know I'm prejudiced but he has such beautiful eyelashes! (Didn't get those from his Lolly!)

I am the happiest little boy in the world!! I have had my supper and Pops is bathing me and getting me ready for bed!

Lolly has got to get some tub toys! A plastic cup just doesn't cut it! (And if your wondering, that is not the paci Sawyer went to bed with! :-)
Friday morning after a good night's sleep and look what I've found - muffins anyone?!
Sawyer was sooooooooo tickled with himself this face turned into a giggle!! (This is his first time at Lolly and Pops that he has been this mobile and able to pull himself up!)
Uh-oooooh is that more cabinets over there...

Sure 'nuf! "Look Lolly, both hands!"
He was working hard! (As was I!)
It was time for a distraction!!!

"I am having so much fun Lolly has forgotten to put my clothes on!! Oh, boy!"
"My Mom and Dad drive through all the time and it's not so hard!!"
"What can I pick up from here?! Uh-ooh Lolly's on my trail! Foiled again!"
"What was it that Lolly said to me about smashed fingers?!
"Something's fishy about this. Lolly is letting me play here!"
"Why can't Mr. Darcy have it?!"

Partners in crime! One thing we learned this weekend was that if we told Mr. Darcy no that he could not have something like the little tupperware cup, Sawyer would pick it up and give it to him and look at me with that sweet little face in the picture!
Best friends or partners in crime!
Friday, Tony had to work in his office downstairs but when he came up for a break he and Sawyer had a free-for-all of rough-housing! So when it was time for Tony to go back to work I put my hands out to Sawyer for him to come to me and he (grinning) shook his head back and forth to say no!! Jeremy had told me that he had started this and they had seen it when he had had enough to eat he would shake his head no but this was our first experience with it and it was hilarious. And, of course, Tony loved it!
Sawyer taking his best friend for a walk...
which turned into a meet and greet! And Sawyer had the young redhead wrapped around his finger! She had been tickling his feet and so when she stopped he would meekly lift his foot in the air so she would do it again!
We ended the day with a "belly laugh" and you would think that I would have enough shame not to post this picture but since Sawyer is the only one showing his belly I thought it was good to see just how happy a grandson makes his Lolly!!

Stay tuned there is more cuteness to come!


"We love, because He first loved us." 1John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment