Monday, February 21, 2011

Saturday and Sunday with Sawyer

Saturday started with a happy baby and pancakes which he wanted no part of!

Why is Sawyer smiling? He just gave his piece of pancake to Mr. Darcy!!
And Mr. Darcy quickly returned to see if Sawyer had more to share! Sadly, Sawyer would not share his oatmeal and Tony would not share his pancakes. Such is a dog's life!

After a slow start to the morning, the Hamblen's decide a walk to the park was in order. You might take note that his hair was in fact blowing in the breeze!

"Yes, I'm a wild child!!"

"I hope they brought a brush for my hair there are some cute chicks out here in their jogging strollers!


"Higher, Pops, Higher!!"


"I had better hydrate if I'm going to catch up to those cute chicks in this cheap stroller!"

"Thinking of pretty girls, I need to call my Momma!"

"This night night kiss is for you Momma!"

"Sunday morning and I have a present!"

(We celebrated Valentine's a little late and Sawyer was having difficulty focusing on the present because Mr. Darcy was having a fit to open the present with him!)

Mr. Darcy couldn't be held back any longer!

"And there's a card!"

"I know I can do this!"

"I've got it!"

Doing a little light reading while waiting on Lolly! Sawyer is going to go visit his Mimi while Lolly and Pops teaches Sunday School. The fun train just keeps on rollin' for Sawyer!

You know you've had some fun when you have had to change your clothes! Ha! We are back from church and Sawyer is busy reading his books again.

In fact, Sawyer is reading his Bible to Lolly! I have read this book to him since he was just weeks old and now he turns the pages and just chatters away! Uncle Josh thinks Moses is his favorite story but I think Noah is!

See, Josh, I think that is the story of Noah he has stopped to tell me! I'm just sayin'...


And sadly our weekend has come to an end! A bottle for the road and we are headed to Austin. It is hard to say which one of us will be the saddest - me or Mr. Darcy!

"My Mom and Dad missed me so much they threw an impromptu party!! They broke out the bubbly!"

The kids did a good job of getting Sawyers play room all fixed up and it was fun to watch Sawyer as he saw it for the first time. And then when they started to blow bubbles he got soooooo excited! Jeremy and Meagan were glad to have Sawyer home and Sawyer may be to young to recognize it but his heart knows that there is no place like home!!


The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him. Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment