Thursday, February 10, 2011

Remembering Mother On Her Birthday

Today I stopped by the cemetery to place flowers on my parents grave in honor of my mother's birthday. It's not a long visit because I know that 2 Corinthians 5:8 tells us to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. And my parents have been present with the Lord for some time because of the personal relationship they have with Jesus Christ but I like to take a moment out of life's routine to stop and honor their memory.

For me, Mother was a wonderful stay at home mom who took care of me when I was sick, cleaned my room when I didn't, taught me how to iron by making me iron sheets, loved me no matter what and prayed with me to accept Christ as my personal Savior.

For my Dad, she was the best bookkeeper he could have ever had, she was the visionary he wasn't, she was not only the best cook but the only cook he wanted serving him food, and she truly completed him.

For my sister, she was everything a mother should be and more and I won't try to speak for her.

For my husband, she was the mother-in-law he called "Mom" before we were ever engaged. Tony loved her and mom had a sense of fun that could take his teasing.

For her grandson, Josh, she made the best oatmeal and kept a chest of toys to play with. (Josh was five when she got sick.)


For her grandson, Jeremy, she did something he never knew about. As a grandmother, your love knows no bounds and you will fight for what you feel is right for your grandchildren. When Jeremy was two he was in the hospital and his Mimi called his pastor at home because he had not come to the hospital to visit her grandson. (Jeremy was three when she became ill.)


To her Lord and Savior she was a good and faithful servant who taught Sunday School for 32 years!

We miss you Momma and look forward to the day when we will all be together again! Happy Birthday!



"Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment