Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Such Fun...

On Saturday we had the pleasure of attending a lovely couples baby shower for Meagan and Jeremy. It was hosted by their good friends Emily and Justin! It was a real treat for us, as parents, to have the opportunity to meet their friends they have come to know as a couple and to put faces with names that we have only heard about. I hope they don't regret having given us that opportunity! Ha!


I've chosen to share just a few of the pictures from the shower because I am sure there are others that will be posting pictures of a better quality and with more detail. I did not include pictures of everyone that was present but I did include this first one because it included the host and hostess! (First couple on the left.) And, of course, if Jeremy sees my post he will be upset because it does not include a picture of all the food - his focus being the dates and goat cheese wrapped with bacon! They were outstanding!!



Jeremy and Meagan took turns opening gifts and it quickly became apparent that Jeremy has yet to make it inside of the Babies R Us. Meagan has her work cut out for her on getting Jeremy caught up to speed on what everything is for! Their friends and family were very generous!


We had a wonderful cake and cookies but before we could enjoy the sweets - we played a game! It was a lot of fun - the parents didn't get to play but we did get to deliver some commentary! At the end of this post I have included the test that all the couples took. All they had to do was guess if the statement made was about Jeremy or Meagan. We joked that the winner would be the best baby sitter. I have included some photo clues below for those that want to play!















It took a lot for me to post this picture. I am 38 weeks pregnant. It is July 4th and notice the thermometer on the wall! The most wonderful memory of this picture is that you are weightless when you are in the water!!















Hamblen family tradition!














    Yes, Jeremy is walking.













      This was a toy that was worth every penny spent and Jeremy looooooved it!!!!



























        The Test


        1. I was born on my due date.

        2. I walked at 7 months.

        3. I bunked in with my grandmother for my first two weeks at home.

        4. I didn't consistently sleep through the night until I was three.

        5. I had a great sense of smell as a young child. When I was kissed goodnight by my parents, I would pull their head down by their ears and ask, "What have you been eating?"

        6. I loved riding in the infant seat on the back of my mom's bike (and that's when I napped, not at home).

        7. As a young child, I snuck candy and threw the wrappers behind the piano.

        8. At 4 months old, I stood in my dad's hands.

        9. I took my first plane trip to New York at 5 months.

        10. My favorite toy was my rocking horse.

        11. I surprised my parents by turning around in my crib at night to face the opposite end,with blankets completely intact every time

        12. I loved friends, and always wanted to be in the cul-de-sac to see the other kids on the block.

        13. When I got a new toy I really liked, I would literally shake with excitement.

        14. When my first pet died, I asked if we could get a monkey.

        15. I wasn't big on riding in the stroller. As soon as I could, I preferred pushing it instead, and occasionally pulling it over on myself.

        16. The month I was born was the hottest for that particular month in Houston's history.

        17. I was a happy baby who was sleeping for long periods through the night within weeks of being born.

        18. I crawled at 6 months, with a wave to my parents captured on camera.

        19. My favorite baby foods were plums and sweet potatoes.

        20. I did not want to be potty trained.
        But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14
        Jeremy- 2, 5, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 20

        No comments:

        Post a Comment