Wednesday, September 16, 2009

YEA for technology!!!


YEA for babies!! And a SUPER YEA for grandbabies!!! If you have not seen Meagan's ultrasound from her blog, I stole it and pasted it here (did I say stole - I meant borrowed). Nothing can surpass God's miracle of birth and His forming us in the womb and the very idea that we have a window in to the womb is just incredible!! I don't know if anyone can appreciate how a mother feels when they see their baby for the first time even if it is a fuzzy grey image on a screen. What is amazing is that today it is not a fuzzy grey image - it is a beautiful little baby that God is in the process of forming and we have the privilege of witnessing! WOW!!!

I thought it would be fun to see Jeremy's ultrasound from 1980 for comparison. I am afraid we won't be able to see if there is a family resemblance but I think that we will all agree that the technological advancements are incredible. Jeremy's ultrasound was done at 33 weeks on June 25, 1980 and he was born on August 8, 1980. The only thing I can point out to you is a large circle indicating the uterus but can I tell you that I loved that picture when they handed it to me!!

And now a grandbaby! To see God forming you and the fulfillment of prayers prayed long ago - how awesome is our God! I love you and can't wait until Easter - it has always been my favorite holiday of the year!

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment