Sunday, October 10, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...

Trains...

"He was lovingly referred to by his family as 'redcap'!"
(Because we had made our own flight arrangements only one other couple besides Tony and I were responsible for our luggage on the train trip to Thessaloniki. The rest of the group's luggage was traveling by bus.)


The temperature is up, the humidity is up and the hair has gone up! I'm thinking I'd sure like to find the "water closet" but I don't want to risk missing the train!!

Loaded and ready to roll. This particular car was made up of our group which was very nice! I'm not going to mention how the luggage made it in to the train car but it wasn't Tony's best moment of the trip. I might have made the mistake of moving away after Tony handed me my luggage rather than waiting until he handed his up to me! :-0
And we're off!


We were served lunch on the train. Each of us got a hamburger and chips, chicken sandwich and a coke. (I tried to hand one of the sandwiches back but they would not take it!) Their hamburger was more like a cold meatloaf sandwich. I did not eat the chicken but Tony said it was good.

A tunnel provided the lighting for this picture and a hearty lunch for Tony's nap. We were in to hour 16 of day one!


In the four and half hour train ride we saw a lot of countryside but I'm not going to torture anyone further with blurred shots.


Finally we have arrived and are on the bus to our hotel. The woman standing backwards on the bus is Andy who will be our Greek guide throughout our stay in Greece. She was outstanding! She has her masters degree and is able to read ancient Greek and Latin. She had a wealth of knowledge that she was always willing to share!

Finally the end of day one. We had just finished dinner and Kay Arthur stopped by to visit. This, of course, was the highlight of the day for me. Twenty-something years ago Kay, through Precept Ministries, taught me how to study my Bible. My parents long before had taught me that the Bible was to be my guidepost for living but it was Kay who gave me the tools to discover truth for myself. What a gift that has been and what a privilege it was to sit under her teaching on this trip and to introduce her to Tony. After all, it is because of my husband's loving support that I have been able to invest the time I have in studying the Word of God! I love you, Tony!!


"I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord." Hosea 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment