Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Welcome Overnight Guest!

On Monday night we got a call from our son and daughter-in-law with a special request - could we babysit our new grandson while they made a trip to the emergency clinic! After much deliberation (ha!), we asked do you want us to come to you or are you coming to us? They were coming to us as we were close to the 24hr clinic. After further deliberation on their part, a decision was made that they would leave him for the night. :-)

That said we were thrilled to get the opportunity to keep Sawyer but our hearts went out to Meagan who was experiencing an extreme rash that closely resembled shingles. In all seriousness, I know how hard it must have been for Meagan to leave Sawyer overnight but I am so thankful for her willingness because it enabled the doctors to potentially give her medication that would give her relief from itching and get some much needed rest! And I believe that is just what they did!

Now if you were wondering if we were ready for an overnight stay well...



Pops had already put the car seat base in the car! (Of course, when we took Sawyer home Meagan had to come out and show us how to release the seat from the base! :-)


The pack and play with clean sheets had already been set up in our master bedroom!




We even had a little visual interest ready for his entertainment!




And since we live in a three story town home, we have a video monitor set up so I can see & hear him where ever I may be in the house should he be sleeping in his bed. (Of course, we tried it out on the dog first.)



Once he arrived it wasn't long before he settled in for his first feeding with us and of course, spent some time in our arms and on our shoulders! (Pops looks a little tired or is that just contentment - you be the judge!)



Now Mr. Darcy loves Sawyer but it was hard for him to understand why when he brought him his favorite little toys he couldn't get up to play. But the cutest thing was when during one of the times Sawyer was on my shoulder being burped and snuggled Mr. Darcy climbed on to Tony's shoulder seemingly for the same treatment. (I had the cell phone on the table beside me and was able to capture the moment! Which explains the quality of most of my pics on the blog - they are taken "on the fly" with my iphone.)




"I had a good night's sleep and there's nothing like a good breakfast!"



"I hope Mom and Dad let me spend the night at Lolly and Pops again one day! Pops thinks I'm smiling because he just fed me breakfast and that's OK - I love my Pops!"



"But I reallllllllllllllllllllllllly love my Mommy and Daddy!! This is fun but I get to see my Momma soon!!!!!!!!"

"There's nothing like a good bath and a little entertainment from my animal friends!"



"Lolly, warn me before you turn the vibrator on!"


"I don't know Lolly but I think you could cover those dark circles under your eyes a little better!"



"Lolly, put the iphone down because I am not going to smile until I see my Momma!"


And I did!!!!!

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and commentary- I have been checking daily for updates- thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete