Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Conversation With Lolly

After Josh and Jamie flew out on Sunday evening, Tony and I had a little extra time with Sawyer while his parents slipped out for their first dinner alone since Sawyer's arrival! Sawyer was alert after his dinner and we decided to have a little conversation. All of my conversations with Sawyer begin with "Lolly loves you" and "Jesus loves you" and on this evening we decided to go a little further and talk about the future.

I told Sawyer that he had a great Dad, Uncle, and Pops that couldn't wait to get out on the baseball field or football field and throw the ball with him! And that to our dismay that day would come sooner than we all think! :-( (I love cuddling him and I know all too soon he will out grow that!)

I told him that before we knew it he would be in high school trying to decide which college to attend! I reminded him that his parents, his aunt and uncle, his grandmother and cousins went to The University of Texas but that he had a grandfather who went to the University of Oklahoma.


"University of Oklahoma...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'm sorry, was that too harsh!"



"I want to be a quarterback for The University of Texas. See I'm already working on my throwing arm!"


"I want to stand on the field and throw up my hands for the touchdown along with the the ref!"

"Look, I'm already working on my upper body strength. Jeff "Mad Dog" Madden would be proud of my muscles!!"


"Oh, and I forgot baseball - I can do both! University of Texas here I come!!"


After all that talk of college and sports, it took us a few minutes to calm down. But we snuggled and I reminded him that we all loved him and that no matter what he chose to do we would support him. And I committed to him that I would always cover him in prayer and live my life as an example of faith for anything is possible as long as he looks to God for His strength and His direction!

Sawyer, may you grow to be a healthy and happy young man who walks in the knowledge of His Lord and Savior and as a man of integrity and great character bring glory and honor to God. Amen


“Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things which your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your children and your grandchildren” Deuteronomy 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment