Saturday, June 5, 2010

For the Birds

Today, Tony and I took a little road trip to visit a couple of family cemeteries for our research on our ancestry and along the way we stopped for a little shopping at the Bellville Market Day. It was a warm Texas day and I was focused on one particular purchase. But before I move on to that I have to say that in the shade was a country and western band playing and some young girls dancing with each other. It was a classic Texas Saturday afternoon sight and I didn't have my camera ready to catch it! But I had the pleasure of experiencing the moment - it reminded me of what makes this country great!


My purchase was a white church birdhouse! It is handcrafted from old barn wood and the roof is made with old ceiling tin! Thanks Tony for happily carrying it back to the car!


So who said a birdhouse has to be for the birds... Not yet any way!

"Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no storeroom nor barn, and yet God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds!"
Luke 12:24

No comments:

Post a Comment